Mari incorporating acrobatics into one of her many 1st place pole performances
Mari Simak is a professional acrobat who has also won numerous pole competitions, both in her native Siberia and in the USA, where she now resides. She has spent the past decade training adults and children in a wide variety of disciplines, including acrobatics, aerial hoop, flexibility, and pole.
Balance. Flexibility. Strength. Coordination. Part of the PPU core curriculum, Principles of Movement shows you how to safely and efficiently develop these crucial physical competencies, which are truly the basis for all pole techniques.
You do not need a pole for this course, and there are no minimum requirements.
What is it ?
Just like an online college course. where the videos are pre-recorded and everything is already set up for you. So you can start whenever you’re ready, and work through the lessons at your own pace. And it’s lifetime access, so you can re-do the lessons as many times as you like.
Who is it for ?
- Beginner to Intermediate level polers who want the physical skills that will enable them to learn new pole moves more quickly
- Those who have never done pole before, but might like to try after they’ve first built a good physical foundation
- Anyone wanting to become more active in life and improve their general alignment while doing everyday activities
What will I learn ?
- 17+ basic acrobatic tricks with beginner, intermediate, and advanced variations
- 12+ combinations and transitions
- 12+ strength conditioning exercises
- 6 mobility conditioning exercises
- 4 coordination conditioning exercises
Some examples :
- Crow pose
- Two headstand variation
- Straddle sit, L-sit, and eight-angle sit
- All croc variations
- Bridges & transitions to/from
- Temple & chest stand
- Forearm balances
- Forward & backward rolls
- Forward & backward walkover
Mari answers Frequently Asked Questions about the course: